It's easy to join Troop 258. You must:
- Meet age requirements. Be a boy who is 11 years old, or one who has completed the fifth grade or earned the Arrow of Light Award and is at least 10 years old, but is not yet 18 years old.
- Complete a Boy Scout application and health history signed by your parent or guardian.
- Find a Scout troop near your home.
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Law, Motto and Slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the pamphlet exercises. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide.
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in your Boy Scout application and health history form signed by your parent or guardian, then participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
- The application form to join Boy Scouting is available online for Download here.
- The troop locator on the Scout Zone web site will show you a list of some of the Boy Scout troops in your area.
- Your local council service center can put you in touch with your future troop.
- The pamphlet How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide is available online for download here.